We had a great event last Thursday with Generation Citizen. Thanks to everyone who came out. Leila Quinn explained the work that her organization is doing around promoting civics education in Massachusetts schools. The state’s Foundation Budget Review Commission is currently determining school funding priorities for Massachusetts. Generation Citizen is calling on the Commission to ensure funding for civics education programs.
Even if you didn’t make it to the event, you can still help out right now. All you have to do is:
- Add your name and signature to the letter.
- Send the signed letter directly to the Commission contact – Jennie.Williamson@mahouse.gov.
Another way you can get involved is by attending Generation Citizen’s Civics Day at the State House on Friday, May 8. If you’re interested, please RSVP by emailing Gillian at email@example.com.
Details are forthcoming on our next meeting happening April 21. We have plans for more discussions and look forward to further collaboration with Generation Citizen.
And special thanks to Regina Pizzeria for donating pizzas for our event!
Help with Ongoing Projects
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to help with the following:
- Help monitor housing issues in and around Boston
- Working on police militarization issues
- Refining and distributing our white paper
- Testifying at a public municipal meeting
- Providing feedback on the current militarization bills in the Legislature
- Helping prepare to testify before the Legislature
- Building a crowdsourced fundraising campaign
- Planning our next event
– Your Roosevelt Boston core team: Gavin, Alex, Eric, Max & Erik