Many thanks to all those who came to our first open house of 2015! It was great to see so many new faces and reconnect with folks who want to dig into public policy issues. If this week’s open house was your first Roosevelt Boston event, you’re well on your way to becoming a member. Remember, there are three ways to become an official member of our fast-growing network:
- Attend three Roosevelt Boston events in a calendar year,
- Host an event or policy discussion, or
- Pay $25 in annual dues
Contact Gavin, our Master of Membership, at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have you questions about becoming a member.
Policy Interests from 2/25 Open House
We appreciate the important and varied policy issues that folks posted during this week’s open house. These topics drew the most interest:
- Education/education reform (5 mentions)
- Election reform (3 mentions)
- “Internet stuff” (2 mentions, e.g. right to privacy, net neutrality and more)
The core team will use these topics and gather additional input from our network to determine the next policy issue we tackle in 2015. Email email@example.com to express your interest in another policy issue or volunteer to help plan a policy event this year.
Ways to Get Involved
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to help with the following:
- Distributing our housing white paper
- Refining and distributing our police militarization white paper
- Building a crowdsourced fundraising campaign
- Planning our next event
Stay tuned for details about our next event!
– Your Roosevelt Boston core team: Gavin, Alex, Eric, Max & Erik